Round one of antibiotics: $37
Round two of antibiotics: $70
The sound that came out of my mouth at CVS when the clerk rang up round two: "Uggfff." I think a little bit of my soul died.
Size of the horse pill antibiotic I am now taking: Holy mother
Weeks I've been sick: Going on four but steadily and noticeably getting better
Amount of orange juice I've happily consumed since the beginning of July: *burp*
Times I've muttered, "I have GOT to get insurance": Well, at least two.
---
Blogs I've published at Vox: 51
Snarky comments I've received: 2
Times I tried to respond to one of the snarkmeisters: About seven
Times I was tempted to be outright rude in return: Oooooooooooooooooh so many.
Times I actually replied: 0
Hours it took me to let it go: Several.
Number of people who responded to the snarkmeister in my defense: 2
Times I squeeed about the latter and had a Sally Field "You like me, you really like me!" moment as a result: So. Many.
---
Number of attempts it took me to get a live bird out of the house yesterday: Like, 15
Number of times I wigged out when it flapped its wings wildly and/or chirped in protest because I'd accidentally smacked it with the broom instead of nudging it out of a corner: 2
Time I spent praising myself for being so brave AND succeeding: Giiiiiiiiiirl.
Number of household objects that I have mistaken for birds, alive or dead, in the past few days because I am so everlovin' paranoid: 5,742
---
Times my crazy upstairs neighbor has invited me to her place to smoke a bowl: 1
Times I turned her down: 1
---
Number of commercials I outright loathe: 3 (a. Anything related to Activia b. The stupid bra one where the women talk about lift and hold fans to their boobs and call them "the girls." c. Any commercial that tells me to "have a happy period" makes me violent, no matter what day of the month it is.)
---
Movies I want to see: 2 (The Kids Are All Right and, for some reason, that Charlie St. Cloud one. My interest in the latter, however, is waning. Oh, I also want to see "Eat, Pray, Love," even though I didn't finish reading the book (although I liked what I read). And I still want to see it even though I wouldn't have envisioned Julia Roberts in the role. More like Laura Dern.)
---
Number of weeks I've again been having house-buying fever (a.k.a. chronic escrowitis): Too many to count
Number of minutes I am up past a logical bedtime considering tomorrow is a be-in-the-office-in-the-early-morning day: At least 32.
No comments:
Post a Comment