Yesterday, I interviewed Cutie McMakesmefumble and found his allure less striking than it had been a few days ago. I decided I was in the middle of some hormonal flux that made him Super Pretty on Friday But A Little Less Smoky on Monday. I was still a little "Huh?" with my attraction to him, but what're you gonna do? I'm definitely still queer. Case in point: I interviewed him for Vox and he took me to this gallery space he's renting. He showed me a HUGE painting he'd done of a nude woman -- the canvas must've been 10' wide and almost 6' tall -- that he'd painted by hand. It was an outline of a nude woman sitting up but leaning back on her arms. He stood next to the canvas and mimicked his strokes (dirty!) and I said, "I would've enjoyed doing the boobs." The piece hadn't sold in a show he'd done and he said he would be willing to get rid of it for $300. I asked him to save it for me.
During the interview, I asked what inspires him. He answered, "Lines, forms, symmetry, chaos... and women." I probably smiled but told myself not to react too much to what was likely a line. I immediately thought, "You need to cut that out, you sexy bitch." I had kind of thought he might be gay -- he's PRETTY, the restaurant is in a gay/gay-friendly part of town, his gallery is connected to the restaurant... but after he said "Women" all deep and smoky-like, I casually said, "Oh, you and [the owner of the bar where Cutie works] aren't partners?" and he burst out laughing. I'm glad he didn't do the straight guy flip-out thing.
I can't believe I'm talking this much about a boy. It shouldn't matter but it does. I HAVE ISSUES.
My micro-crush hit a serious road bump when I was trying to find a pen in my very-Ally-Sheedy-from-Breakfast-Club laptop bag and I asked if he'd seen the movie. "Yeah, like, parts of it but not all the way through." Holy mother. Get away from me, man-child. He's 24. I COULD HAVE BABYSAT HIM. I guess he gets a pass on a movie that likely doesn't mean squat to him, as well as permission to use his cheesy line. It didn't sound all Rico Suave (another reference that he'd likely miss) but I've never really believed boys when they say complimentary things in my presence. I remember -- oy -- a guy hitting on me at a party when I was 20 or so and I asked him, point blank, if he was drunk. Most of the guys who'd hit on me then had BEEN drunk, so it seemed reasonable. He got offended and walked away. Oh... um... sorry!
On the gay side of things, I'm reactivated my profile on OK Cupid and I've got a coffee date on Thursday. I was reading an extended horoscope with Luckdragon the other night and things look good for me career-wise and dating-wise. I put some stock in horoscopes, get a little freaked out when they're dead on (and not in the "You're going on a long trip" way that would appeal to everyone on the planet), and believe in the energy I can create, blah la la, but I don't live and die by what they say. That said, I seem to be making strides towards getting an interview, at the very least, with a company who needs an editor. I've befriended a guy who works in their HR department and he said he would put in a good word for me. He also told me I was one of their top candidates for a job that still had no openings (they posted the job back in January and I had a phone interview with him then) but also sent me info about an entry-level position they have available. I'd much rather work in writing and editing but wondering if I shouldn't apply for the job he mentioned. I sure would like to work full-time again. I would give myself a bedtime and everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment