May 1, 2010

I'm still here!

Yay, professional writerhood! Interviewing people, attending events, and writing my blogs has been occupying a lot of my time.

Highlights:

I think I applied for six jobs this week. They run they gamut in description and title but all have something to do with communications. I got turned down for a marketing job with Kiwanis. I got a personal note about how I didn't make the cut for interviews blah la lah LOSER and wrote back, "Thanks for letting me know," mentally adding, "I hope your toes fall off." I felt better after that.

I'd like this whole moon-in-Scorpio astrological phenomenon to end. I've lost hours every day this week -- like when you get up at 9:00 am 1:00 pm and all of a sudden it's 4:00 pm midnight and you're not sure what happened. Like that. Minus any alcohol-related blackouts on which to place blame. That said, I've felt super connected to being quirky and artistic and for some reason, I keep grinning today even though no one has offered me milk chocolate and there are no naked women in my midst. Because I feel like I can't focus, I'm finger-pointing at the moon for making me lose time. Well. the moon and all the espresso I drank today.

Speaking of utter craziness (read: things that make me go HUH?!), I met a boy on Monday who was so magnetic that he made my brain scramble. I got flustered when he looked at me. It was weird. (I know, lezbins can think boys are cute and some of us do but this guy was like "Revert back to bisexuality OMG" cute. W.E.I.R.D.) I was meeting friends at the restaurant where Cutie McMakesmefumble tends bar and he asked if I wanted a drink. I said I knew the restaurant was known for its martinis and asked if he could recommend something. He dropped his voice slightly and aimed this smoldering gaze at me and said, "What do you like?"

Um. Girls. I think.

I go into the studio on May 15 to start recording my second spoken-word CD. I'm pretty stoked. I'm also doing a poetry reading on May 8.

I am cracked out anew on Snow Patrol's "Just Say Yes," even though the video is a little like disco Star Wars laser light show night at the mental ward. I was interviewing someone the other day for a blog post and the song came on the radio. It took a TREMENDOUS amount of self-control to keep taking notes while she spoke. All I wanted to do was throw my arms wide and start singing along.

Note: Espresso-fueled mania edited out. Hence, no ending. Just move on. Nothing else to see here.

No comments: