:: I can't stand dolls. Like eyes-that-close-when-the-doll-is-"sleeping" baby dolls. The same ones that people make movies about where they come to life and kill everyone they encounter (the dolls, not the movie makers), all while creepily muttering "Mama" over and over again.
:: Yesterday was Queen S' 64th birthday. Tonight King V and I are taking her out to eat and then I'm coming back here for the opening of presents and the eating of cake. I totally need to skip the latter. There wasn't a lot of Weight Watching going on while I was gone and I'm already feeling puffy and lethargic, but c'mon, after a night of drinking, Taco Bell is haute cuisine. And I really doubt I would've ordered a salad or something WW-appropriate even if we'd gone to a Denny's. Did I mention the part about drinking?
:: I managed to make it back to River City with about $20 in my pocket, which I soon combined with change I found throughout my partially unpacked belongings and handed over to a pizza delivery person after making my five-ish-hour trek home. Yep. Had non-WW pizza last night for the first time in eons. Today, body not so happy. Will keep this in mind lest a similar opportunity present itself in the future. Note: The but-I've-already-eaten-Taco-Bell-and-Dairy-Queen-this-weekend rationale is thin at best. Ha! Thin! I make joke!
:: I got a speeding ticket on my way home. I was about five minutes away from crossing the state line too. Not that being in my own state grants me any kind of immunity from being pulled over by cops, but it would've been useful against THAT cop. From my "Timely Uses for Sarcasm and Flash Photography" files I culled the following useful tips:
> Laughing and saying, "Oh hell, I usually drive a LOT faster than this!" is not what a cop wants to hear, even if you're biting your tongue not to say it.
> Even though you've documented a great portion of your trip via digital camera and camera phone, taking a picture of the police car sitting behind you while you wait for Officer Friendly to write up the ticket you know you're getting is a bad idea, unless you want to be arrested, strip searched, and imprisoned somewhere in the armpit of the Midwest for an indeterminate amount of time. Whining "But I'm going to blog about this!" is not a useful defense.
> Even though you've documented a great portion of your trip via digital camera and camera phone, taking a picture of the police car sitting behind you while you wait for Officer Friendly to write up the ticket you know you're getting is a bad idea, unless you want to be arrested, strip searched, and imprisoned somewhere in the armpit of the Midwest for an indeterminate amount of time. Whining "But I'm going to blog about this!" is not a useful defense.
No comments:
Post a Comment