I get bored easily.
I read once that this is a sign of genius.
When I shared that Mensa-esque information with King V, I don't recall the word "genius" rolling from his lips so much as something along the lines of "retarded."
Screw him. I are a jeenyus. I knowed it!
So I haven't been blogging much lately.
Seems to be in the proverbial water.
I did draw a new set of Maxine paper dolls over the weekend.
But I'm getting tired of the cartoon schtick.
I really need a vacation.
I was struck by the depression and five-day headache train last week and took two days off work.
During which I slept. A lot.
And didn't want to leave my house. So I didn't. Except for going out with friends on Saturday to glaze some mugs, feesh style, grab dinner, and go back home to fall asleep on the couch by 9:30 pm.
It's done. I accept it. Let's move on.
I'm also going to the doctor about the depression thing tomorrow and filling that handy dandy migraine med prescription that I tacked up on my bulletin board with all my bills like so much wallpaper. Soon all wi' be well.
I haven't really been watching TV, so that NPR thing worked out. Although I have been watching old episodes of Monk on DVD.
It's been a relaxing week. Except for the almost-migraine and the whole scared-to-face-the world-abyss part. Yeah. That sucked.
I've also decided not to go to Provincetown later this month. Long story short and issues sidestepped, the most important factor is that I can't really afford it. Plane ticket = expensive. Hotel room = expensive. Experience = probably priceless but I'm going to see the same group of people in just a couple months and so I'm going to stick around River City for the holiday weekend. Also, taking two days off work to accommodate the trip will be hard, especially since I slipped into an abyss last week and I'm down 16 vacation hours that I'll need to make up to attend Michfest.
The good news is that I've climbed out of the abyss.
I've almost finished reorganizing my living room and finally, after living in my place for almost a year, I feel like I'm in my home.
The cats, of course, have been smelling everything every time I move a piece of furniture. They were also on red alert this morning when my alarm went off to let me know that someone had befouled the very-recently-cleaned litter box.
Ah, cats.
Anyway ... time to run off into the sunset, to finish organizing my living room, to watch Tony Shalhoub be a genius, and to deal with poo.
La vie ... c'est merveilleux.
No comments:
Post a Comment