April 26, 2007
It's worth a shot
I might try this next week. I just read about it today. I'm in the mood to get rid of my TV and my $50-something monthly cable bill. (It's probably a spring cleaning thing. That, and I'm tired of bills coming out of my ears.) I'd keep my cable modem though because, well, come on. I lived with dial-up for years. Having a cable modem is like living with a gorgeous woman who massages me awake in the morning and lavishes me with kisses and whispers about naughty things she'll do to me when I get home from work. Okay, it's not THAT good. But it's definitely better than dial-suck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We've talked about getting rid of our cable TV, too. Especially since most of the shows we like eventually get released on DVD and $15/month for the AWESOME service of Netflix is far cheaper than the $40+ per month for hundreds of crappy programs we don't watch. We haven't had the guts to pull the plug yet, though.
On the other hand, I'm with you when it comes to broadband Internet service. I'll stop paying my gas bill before I get rid of the cable modem. ;-)
Post a Comment