Oh, the holidays. I am blessed with funny and talented family and I love that we can all still get together, but the family tree has branched in so many directions that I probably couldn’t pick some of my relatives out of a
December 27, 2006
Changes
Today has moistly shuffled by in a post-holiday ooze. Soon, La Familia Dangerous is heading to a retirement community where my Grandma V is imprisoned lives. We'll hand over nice things like soft nightgowns and colorful washcloths to a woman who no longer recognizes most of us because of dementia. Afterwards, we’ll head to Aunt V’s house for some awkward standing around and conversation with relatives we almost never see and my uncle will ply us all with liquor.
Oh, the holidays. I am blessed with funny and talented family and I love that we can all still get together, but the family tree has branched in so many directions that I probably couldn’t pick some of my relatives out of alineup crowd. I guess that’s how life works. It's just weird to be a twig watching the rest of the tree bloom.
Oh, the holidays. I am blessed with funny and talented family and I love that we can all still get together, but the family tree has branched in so many directions that I probably couldn’t pick some of my relatives out of a
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment