December 27, 2006

As the Neuroses Churn

Cities I'm interested in moving to:

-- Chicago
-- Ann Arbor
-- San Diego
-- anywhere else in California
-- Washington, D.C.
-- Portland, OR
-- Seattle, WA

I think that's it. I have formulated a semi-aggressive plan (like grrrr! but more like grrr...ahfuckit) for paying off my credit card in the next year. And then I'm just going to go. I'm going to find a place to live (preferably alone, even though I recently registered on a looking-for-a-roommate website, which I will now blame on spiked eggnog and my love of browsing the Internet when I'm bored). I will live in City X for a year and then I will apply to school.

I will stop looking for a house in River City because the process excites me for about two weeks (stability! furniture purchases! domesticity!) and then I flip out because buying a house here, in the city where I've lived for 21 years, means I have Given Up On Leaving and Traveling and Having Awesome Stories to Tell My Future Children About Being On a Bus in Denmark or Seeing a Man Kill a Snake in Africa. Or whatever. So I'm going to move somewhere else so that even if I never leave THAT state, I can at least say I've left THIS one.

If you read this site with any regularity, you'll know that the four topics my life centers around are:

--Buying a house and staying in River City
-- Moving somewhere (figuratively) cooler (i.e., out of state) and going to grad school
-- Changing jobs
-- Having a kid

A couple weeks ago, I was on the kid thing. That has now passed and I am back on the moving thing. I am living proof that a person can't die from being neurotic. I am also very tired.

1 comment:

TK said...

Boston Boston Boston!

Well, at I love it here.

Just a thought.