Blockbuster can bite my ass
Prior to leaving for MWMF, I cleaned non-vacation items out of my wallet, e.g., my Blockbuster card. I haven't gotten around to putting it back in my wallet yet, so the last couple times I've gone to Blockbuster, I've just handed over my I.D. to prove I am allowed to rent movies. And leave the house without a chaperone. And drive a car! Anyway, I digress.
When I was at La Buster on Friday, unknowingly preparing to get myself hooked on “Nip/Tuck,” the clerk updated my address in the database. She was nice about it, I gave her information willingly, I left with my DVDs. On Saturday, when I returned to the store for additional episodes, I once again handed over my I.D. This worked on Friday, I thought. No problem this time, right?
Wrong.
The clerk asked whose name the account was under. I paused and just-a-bit-sarcastically told him the name that was on the I.D. I’d just handed to him.
“The address on your I.D. doesn’t match the address in the computer,” he said.
“My I.D. is old,” I replied, thinking, “I’m just trying to rent movies, right?”
“Well, what’s your address?” the clerk demanded.
“I was just here yest-“
“Yeah, but I don’t know who you are.”
Seriously – did I accidentally slip a high-powered automatic rifle into my DVD pile?
I rattled off my address, thoroughly sarcastically, and the clerk, satisfied that I wasn’t a terrorist planning to combine “Nip/Tuck” DVDs in my plot to blow up half of the continental U.S., completed my transaction. (Good thing I wasn't trying to buy any lotion or other 'dangerous' liquids.) I don’t know. Maybe it’s a you-had-to-be-there moment, but I certainly had “my goodness but you’re a dickhead” thoughts, as well as, “If I weren’t fat, maybe…” thoughts. I groused halfway home and then I just let it go. And watched many more episodes of Plastic Surgeons in Crisis! while eating pizza and nuzzling with Gizmo and George. Happy sigh.
Here’s Your Angel
I also rented the first disc of the “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” series. I’ve had a stiffy for Sarah Michelle Gellar (I know, I know…) ever since I saw her in “Cruel Intentions.” Love her voice. Anyway, I liked the episodes. A little campy, a little adolescent, thoroughly entertaining. If I wasn’t mainlining every episode of Hot Dudes with Scalpels, I’d finish watching Buffy. Never saw it when it was on TV, though I know many of my lesbian brethren couldn’t get enough of the show. I’ve decided that I’ll be Angel. Even though I don’t think David Boreanaz is especially hot, I like his stealth-osity, i.e., his tendency to appear and give a cryptic warning and then disappear again. Very Scorptastic, that Angel. Plus, I like his leather jacket.
My weekend was otherwise pretty uneventful. Outside of doing some light housework and detangling my hair (yay rah, rat’s nest!), it was a pretty standard 48 Hours of Blissful Slug-on-Couch Time.
Time to work. Yeah, I don’t believe myself either.
No comments:
Post a Comment