August 25, 2006

Oh Jesus, don't let him breed...

From a phone conversation with an employee at Roble Noman's:

Me: Hi -- are you delivering today? (Asked because they have a propensity to just, like, not want to deliver food.)

Employee: Yes, but not right now because our driver is delivering.

Me: Ouch. Okay, but you are delivering today?

Employee: Oh, well, yeah.

Me: sigh. Thanks.

I called back a few minutes later to place an order:


Me: Hi, I'd like to place an order for delivery.

Same employee: We aren't delivering today.

Me: WTF??

Same employee: Our driver is gone for, like, 20 minutes.

Me: But you ARE delivering?

Same employee: Oh, yeah.

Me: Can I just place an order for delivery and have the driver bring it when he gets back?

Same employee: ::pause:: ::sounds of shuffling paper hat back and forth on head:: Uh ... yeah.

I am convinced that the driver will show up at 7:00 PM tonight with a can of black olives, two breadsticks, and one watered-down Coke. Tune in later to see just how right I was.

UPDATE: The order was correct, through and through. The food was hot and tasty, the drinks were cold, and the driver was both timely and courteous. Surely this falls under one of the signs of the apocalyp-, apocalyp, apocalyp-so. (Sorry, unexpected Jimmy Buffett moment.)

No comments: