April 14, 2006

Life in the cult, take 2

I forgot to mention that there was some sort of weight-loss benefit to staying in the cult. I think it was something about strict food regimens or something. I found myself (not wanting to leave because I was getting skinnier. As I've recently lost a tiny bit of weight due to yoga and, unfortunately, the weird stomach nonsense that restricted what I could eat, and because said weight loss enabled me to wear a slightly-too-tight skirt to work that had previously been way too tight and nearly impossible to sit down in, I'm a little obsessed with weight loss issues right now. Makes sense that they found their way into my dreams. When I woke up, though, I rolled my eyes at myself and came up with tabloid-type headlines for my decision to stay in the cult:
  • Woman on Cult Experience: "Best Diet I've Ever Been On!"
  • She Might Be Brainwashed, But She's Skinny!
  • The People's Temple Diet: What Those Folks in Guyana Don't Want You to Know
Oy.

Other news: It's Friday! It's payday! I'm in a super cute outfit (baby-blue shirt with a favorite blue scarf with flutterbys all over it AND I'm rockin' some spiral silver earrings. I definitely need to work with more chicks because I seriously want someone to squeal, "Your outfit is soooo cute!" (I think I've been watching too many episodes of Sex in the City.) My vanilla latte worked wonders on my hyperexhaustion. I'm going into a lunch meeting soon, after which I will work on a grant project that's due in about six weeks. Tonight, I'm meeting Brent Fantastic for sushi. I don't think it'll be too hard to convince him to go out for beer afterwards.

No comments: