April 12, 2006

Why yes, I'll have more grape Kool-Aid; thank you!

I'm headed into a staff meeting in a minute, so this will have to be quick.

Two nights ago, I was blessed with a yummalicious sex dream. I woke up yesterday morning happy and glowing and all let's-kick-some-ass and had a pretty good day. Last night I was hoping for a repeat. (Side note: How come I can always repeat a nightmare but rarely, if ever, a sex dream? No fair!)

Did I get a sex dream?

No.

I dreamt that I was in a cult.

!

It was apparently a terrycloth cult because I distinctly remember talking to a couple women in the dream who were wrapped in blue-and-yellow-striped towels. One lady had a towel wrapped around her head. They were sitting outside a sauna waiting their turn or perhaps catching up post-steam. They seemed nonchalant and definitely not cult-like. A little snobby maybe, but hey, they were talking to a bewildered fat grrl who was asking how in the hell to get out of the cult.

The setting was very much like a hotel and also like a shopping mall. Very shiny with brass and revolving doors and big, open spaces. At one point, I went out the revolving door but I think I was escorted back inside by a security guard of sorts. In the early part of the dream, I wasn't allowed to leave, but towards the end, I was. I was plotting my escape at one point. I was going to go to my room and pretend I was cleaning up piles of clothes (okay, some dream things translate to real life) and then I was going to sneak out somehow. Maybe I was planning to stow away In the laundry cart like a prisoner in a movie.

At some point I made it outside and saw Native Americans charging down a hill on horseback to go into battle with some Caucasian people.

Apparently I forgot I dropped acid before I went to bed.

No comments: