(Hi, Maxine!)
So, my tentative plans to move out of state didn't work out. The friend with whom I was going to split a duplex found and purchased her own home. The problem was that she didn't tell me she'd found a place. I had to confront her (always fun) after I saw a Facebook update in which she was discussing her closing date and holy shit she's serious. We'd been trading pictures of real estate back and forth and one of those photos was the place she bought. I just thought the picture she showed me was another one of our 'someday maybe' homes, but it is now a forever yay! home.
It's okay. We've traded our long letters back and forth (Maxine: You suck! Friend: I know. I am selfish.) and there's nothing else to say, really. I retain my love for real estate porn (tangentially, I have fallen in love with a townhouse that is so far out of my current budget it might as well be a castle) and still look forward to the day when I can buy my own home. I was headed that way before I got laid off in 2009 and I'll be back there someday. I'd guess sooner than later, mostly because I've, ahem, enjoyed the rich and noisy life that is apartment living for more than 11 years and I'm ready for a home that is not attached to someone else's. Doesn't exactly explain my crush on the aforementioned townhouse, but I can't afford it anyway, so it's all right. It's also okay because I've been in River City for 28 years and it was going to be hard as hell to leave my friends and family. That doesn't mean I won't move if the right opportunity presents itself. It'll just have to be something worth moving for. Like Queen Latifah.
* * * * * * * * * *
The job search continues. I might be contacted as early as next week for an interview with a small firm who's looking for a marketing and communications person. Their job ad, which I found on Facebook, made it sound like they were looking for an intern. (Seriously, who writes a post that says they're hiring in Fall 2013?) Thankfully, it's a full-time, paid position. *shiver* Say more things like that. I hope it works out. The staff looks quirky and fun and I sure do miss working. In fact, tomorrow marks my five-month 'anniversary' since I left the world of paychecks. Oy.
* * * * * * * * * *
Because I am
* * * * * * * * * *
I am tentatively planning my 40th birthday party, which is roughly four months away. I kind of can't wait. 40 sounds so grown up! I wonder if I'll wear my hair differently or start buying sweater vests. All I know so far is that I'll likely go to my favorite Greek restaurant for dinner (or maybe something lighter like sushi if dancing or something else wiggly is on the evening's agenda) and then options are pretty wide open. At the moment, the idea of a Big Lezbin Outing to drink beer and see strippers has been floated around. I do need to remember that it takes me about three days to get over a hangover (generally one day of abject please-kill-me-ness, followed by two days of just feeling like YUCK), so all my visions of doing shots while my friends cheer me on should probably stay in my imagination.
I would definitely like a sheet cake with chocolate icing with details either in baby blue or lime green icing; I like both color combinations. I'm tired of little nine-inch cakes that feed, like, four hamsters. King V has to step up his cake-buying game. My moratorium against carrot cake (HIS favorite) stands.
* * * * * * * * * *
My two major goals over the next four months are to get a job and move. I think it would be great to start a new decade of my life with fun new coworkers (ideally some of them will be close to my age or at least, Goddess forbid, in their 30s) and in a neighborhood where jerks don't set off fireworks at 3:15 a.m. Idon'tcareifitisadamnholiday.
On that curmudgeonly note, have a great 4th! May your cookouts be appropriately smoky, your beverages chilled, and your lawn chairs properly cushioned. Down with webbing! Fewer waffle-printed thighs in 2013!
2 comments:
good luck on the job..hope it works out for you.
I love that you are planning for your birthday that is 4 months away...AWESOME!!!!! :) German Chocolate cake is the bomb--how can anything with coconut and pecans be a bad thing???
Post a Comment