I don't know if anyone still comes around these parts, but I've been kicking around the idea of getting this blog going again. I miss being Maxine Dangerous, so I pop in here sometimes and look around, sort of like creaking open the door to a dusty closet because I know I left a favorite thing somewhere and I just have to find it.
Folks who used to read this blog -- you know, all four of you -- might notice that I removed all posts relating to my current and former jobs. While I needed to write the entries that I once posted, I was really snarking at myself for doing nothing but bitching about the craziness at work and turning this blog into an online journal instead of a place where I (hopefully) wrote some decent stuff. We'll see how things evolve in the coming days, weeks, and months.
I'm still with the firm that hired me full-time (enabling me to leave Vox), but I'm looking for a better-paying job. I have fantasies almost every day of walking into Target with enough money to buy sheets, towels, candles, and all the things that I can never really save for because I always have a bill to pay. That's soon to change, though. I can feel it. Target wants me. Walmart passed me a note in gym class saying so.
So, if you've stumbled in through a side door that you thought was forever closed, having come to investigate because hey, who left a light on in there -- my god, it's Maxine... going through my stuff? -- then I'd like to say hi and thanks for still being here.
If you're new, welcome. So am I. Kinda.
3 comments:
Hi. Good to see you again.
*waves* :)
Yay! I have been checking in from time to time.You checked out on my birthday--boo! But you are back, so you are forgiven. ;)
Post a Comment