Phoenix is in town and we leave for Michfest in the morning. Getting pretty excited. Hard to tell given the layer of tired that's gotten itself all over me. I'm waiting on a final load of laundry to finish drying. I'm packed. Lists have been double-checked and revised. I have the normal pre-vacation things to take care of in the morning, like gassing up the car and hitting the ATM. Phoenix, who'd been up for at least 24 hours by the time she crashed an hour ago, is now sacked out on my futon. As soon as I change the kitty litter, take out the trash, and bring up the laundry, I'm climbing into my bed for a final night of mattress-y sleep before heading for camping and a week of ground-sleeping. It's been a great day, what with shopping for snacks and browsing Target's dangerous-but-awesome one-dollar section, where I, like a 13-year-old girl, felt compelled to purchase watermelon-flavored Jolly Rancher chapstick; a set of rubber stamps that include butterflies, spirals, and hearts; pink hair mascara; and a purple hippo whom I've yet to name. The currently nameless hippo is sitting on my dash with her arm around my bunny. The sight makes me happy and I'm glad I'll have them as travel companions on the road. Especially because Phoenix drives 59 mph on the highway and I will be passing her with a lusty thrust of my flip-flopped foot on the accelerator.
Side note: I have a good, good life and thank my family and friends for helping make it so. :)
Oh! On the great news front, I submitted my cover letter and resume for a job that I think I have a good shot at interviewing for, if not being hired for. I set an intention a couple hours ago that I would return from Michfest and be called in to speak with the HR manager. A la James Kirk (yes?), make it so. :)
Also...
...the greatest possible thing may have happened...
...my chain-smoking...
...loud-ass...
...upstairs neighbors...
...MOVED OUT YESTERDAY.
Ohhhhhh children. The Goddess loves me.
Off to scoop the poop *bleargh* and take my happy ass to bed. Back on the 10th!
No comments:
Post a Comment