King V accidentally told Queen S that he's taking her to Costa Rica in a couple weeks. He's absolutely crushed and there's nothing he can do. The destination was on her short list anyway, he said, and given the fact that they just got all those shots, not wanting to contract malaria during their vacation, she knew they were headed somewhere tropical. Still, he said he almost cried when he realized his mistake and now he's moping about. I gave him a hug but that doesn't do much. (I don't think he's really a huggy kind of guy. I forget that the Lesbian Standard of Comfort doesn't work for everyone.) Poor guy. I really feel for him.
Oh, and yesterday, after I spent about half an hour working on my novel, King V came downstairs to talk to me and was investigating the power strip that sits on the floor under my desk. He picked it up to show me where he could attach it to my desk, out of sight, and hit the power button. Microsoft Word didn't auto-save anything I had just written and apparently I hadn't hit Control-S during the entire time I typed. Kapoof. All the words I had just typed were gone. All of them. At least I hadn't been working for hours upon hours. Luckily, I remembered most of what I just typed and recreated it. You can bet I'm hitting save every 35 seconds now and have created a backup file of my novel, a.k.a. The Book That Will Not Die. How I didn't see any of that coming when he picked up the power strip, I don't know. I'm closing in on having 19,500 words entered into the computer and I have about 2/3 of a full composition notebook left to enter. The midnight oil, she will be burning.
No comments:
Post a Comment