Things are going well. I have 1,215 words to complete by midnight to catch up. I wrote like a crazy person yesterday (a crazy person with a pen!) between midnight and 10:00 PM. Characters were appearing out of nowhere and a WHOLE lot of autobiographical stuff was going on and it's all beautiful. I haven't worked in a murder yet and I don't know if I'll be able to, but it seems like it would be fun. True to my Scorpio nature, there's been a sex scene. Between straight people! It was quick and sort of unexpected but kapoof, there it was. Good times.
Anyway, I wanted to pop on the blog and make an update while I had some computer access. I have yet to fix my computer at home. In a way, it's really nice to be without my laptop. In lieu of spending hours and hours online, I've been listening to music and making collages and bookmarks in preparation for opening a store on Etsy. I also plan to sell prints of some of the paintings I've done. It's all very exciting to actually begin to consider myself a professional artist. The opening of the shop might not happen until December 1, considering I'm on a deadline to get this novel done. Which, I just remembered, totally needs a title. Hrm. I'll have to think about that.
In other fun weekend news, I hung out with Vanessa and Brenda on Friday and had a sleepover. We watched a bunch of movies, including an encore viewing of Mulan, and my first viewings of The Italian Job, Lilo and Stitch (I still think the little blue monster is creepy as shit, but it kind of got to me when it said family means no one gets left behind), and Tarzan. On Saturday, Vanessa and I descended upon Target and bought lots of snacks to complement the movie viewing and had a nice talk in the afternoon about the way our lives are going. I finally bailed sometime after 10 PM on Saturday and went home to find that I had accidentally locked George in the basement on Friday morning before work. I think I was more traumatized than she was. Mostly, she was just hungry. Brenda sent me home with an extra pet brush she had and now both Gizmo and George are shinier and fluffier than ever and total crack whores for being brushed when I'm at my desk trying to write my novel aaaack get off my notebook, you furry beast!
So that's about it. My brain is trying to come out my head between my right eyebrow and behind my right ear, but a little ibuprofen and a little more water should take care of that right quick. Back to my characters!
By the way, if you're NaNo-ing and care to leave a comment, let me know how you're doing! I'm all about the pep talk, people.
No comments:
Post a Comment