November 29, 2007

Look! Another update! Maxine's sole reader rejoices!

First, the cuteness (yep, that's Gizmo; I created and submitted a picture to the I Can Has Cheezburger site):


Second, some awesomeness:


Marry me, Annie Lennox. We'll have little tan babies who can sing their asses off. Seriously, this CD is teh awesum and you need to go buy it right now.

Third and finally, even more of teh awesum:
  • The check I wrote for my speeding ticket cleared (I knew it would, but it's still nice when stuff like that happens), so I'm officially done with River City's Best Racket (not tennis).

  • I slept well last night. I still have a crick in my neck, apparently from a couple nights ago when I realized I was sleeping with my pillow and head up on the futon frame while the rest of my body was on the mattress (whoops), but a hot shower helped with that this morning.

  • I found $16 in my skirt pocket this morning and did NOT automatically give half or more of my newfound wealth to Starbucks on my way to work. Instead, I am drinking The Tea and it is good. (Awake (TM) from Starbucks. It came in a gift set so it was free. For me, anyway.)

  • Mack Daddy Smooth comes home in less than a month.

  • I officially have December 23 - Jan 1 off from work.

  • I had a dream last night that I called a fellow blogger at work (!) and told him that we should meet. I think I was going to be in his city. Probably happened because I talked to a friend who lives in Chicago before I went to sleep last night. (Jake, I promise I'm not crazy or a stalker. People who know me personally, your hush money is in the mail.) In my dream, I was on the phone with said blogger while I was in a grocery store wrapping a piece of pecan pie (droooool) in tinfoil. I swear I haven't done drugs. Lately. I'll take weird dreams where I make inappropriate phone calls to people I don't know at their jobs (while securing pie) over nightmares of any sort, which have also been filling my dream time lately. Must be the drugs. Er, what? Who said that?

  • Tomorrow night I'm hanging out with Venus and Sebastian and their offspring and making jewelry with beads and quite possibly an open flame. Woohoo!

  • MY NOVEL IS (still) DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I say done, I mean that it's completed in the sense that I crossed the 50,000-word mark last night and have claimed my winner's certificate from NaNoWriMo and I can now begin cutting, pasting, editing, and adding words where necessary to make my tome into A Real Book instead of Mostly A Real Book With Some Seriously Underdeveloped Characters And Some Gaps In The Storyline And/Or Plot. A Real Book. Like a literary Pinocchio. With less phallic-ness. (Fallacy? Ha, I make joke!)

2 comments:

Jake said...

Ms. Dangerous:

Pecan pie is gross. If I'm going to star in one of your dreams, I'd much rather be paired with Nick Lachey.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Jake

Maxine Dangerous said...

Nick Lachey is very pretty, but I'm still going for the pie. Ha! I make joke! ;)