I got tired of the way my living room was set up, so I started rearranging it the other night. Sunday. At 10:30 pm. When rearranging furniture takes place worldwide. No wonder I’m tired in the morning.
I can’t decide if I like the futon against the bay windows in my living room. I’m sure I’ll feel a little differently when I’ve finished cleaning up the living room and I put a new cover on the futon. Right now, it looks a bit like a furniture-and-clothing store bomb went off in the ol’ LR and I’m having trouble seeing the finished product amidst all the chaos.
I’m doing that TV-free week thing, so I had a stupendous reason for unplugging the TV and dragging it into the spare room on Sunday. I got tired of moving stuff and now the TV and some other crap is sitting in the room all helter skelter like.
Did I mention that a grrl I like likes me back? I didn’t? Hmm. I’ll have to talk about that in a minute.
I like (I’m into?) feng shui just enough to do things like not have my back to the door when sitting at my desk (discourages business) and no electronic equipment in my bedroom (saving the bedroom solely for sleeping and sex). It’s peaceful that way. I have no words in my room either – no posters, no art with words. I have a few books in there now, but I generally don’t even have those. Putting the stereo, TV, desk w/ computer in my room is therefore not an option. At least the furniture isn’t too heavy, so I can drag it around pretty easily if my current rearrangement doesn’t work.
The grrl who likes me back? Awesome. Talented. Cute. Thick. Friendly. Kind. And she lives far, far away. Like 2,000+ miles. Seriously. She might as well live in The France, she's so far away. But I want to make it work. The only long-distance relationship I had before was with 10 years ago with a boy and come ON -- who was *I* kidding? Details – such as my, ohhhhhhhh, I don’t know, impending move to a place much closer to the house of the grrl who shares my affection – to follow.
I’m doing that TV-free week thing, so I had a stupendous reason for unplugging the TV and dragging it into the spare room on Sunday. I got tired of moving stuff and now the TV and some other crap is sitting in the room all helter skelter like.
Did I mention that a grrl I like likes me back? I didn’t? Hmm. I’ll have to talk about that in a minute.
I like (I’m into?) feng shui just enough to do things like not have my back to the door when sitting at my desk (discourages business) and no electronic equipment in my bedroom (saving the bedroom solely for sleeping and sex). It’s peaceful that way. I have no words in my room either – no posters, no art with words. I have a few books in there now, but I generally don’t even have those. Putting the stereo, TV, desk w/ computer in my room is therefore not an option. At least the furniture isn’t too heavy, so I can drag it around pretty easily if my current rearrangement doesn’t work.
The grrl who likes me back? Awesome. Talented. Cute. Thick. Friendly. Kind. And she lives far, far away. Like 2,000+ miles. Seriously. She might as well live in The France, she's so far away. But I want to make it work. The only long-distance relationship I had before was with 10 years ago with a boy and come ON -- who was *I* kidding? Details – such as my, ohhhhhhhh, I don’t know, impending move to a place much closer to the house of the grrl who shares my affection – to follow.
UPDATE: Long-distance relationship not going to work. Mutually agreed to call off the dating before it started. Smart decision but still... poo.
No comments:
Post a Comment