March 19, 2007

Best.CD.Ever.


I recently picked up this Sinead O'Connor CD and I.love.it. so much I want to take it out behind the barn and impregnetate it. Or something like that. Sorry. I tried to have a Tracy Jordan (Tracy Morgan) moment from 30 Rock and it didn't really work. Leave me alone. I didn't sleep much last night and I don't just have issues ... I have a whole subscription.

Feel free to recommend other Sinead O'Connor CDs that rock, as well as other music you recommend I get into. Anything. Really. I'm always interested in The Next Awesome Song I Will Put On Repeat As I Drive Around the City Aimlessly as I did yesterday with Tears from the Moon from Collaborations.

3 comments:

TK said...

Awesome awesome AWESOME CD. I just put a ridiculously exhaustive list of "albums I like from start to finish" on my blog, and her "I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got" made it up there. The Lion and The Cobra is also an older fave of mine.

But anyhoo - check it out if you're looking for suggestions, and feel free to give me any.

My most recent acquisition is "Who Will Survive, and What Will Be Left of Them?", by Murder By Death. No, it is not a metal band. But the album is beautiful and amazing. And they have a song called Until Morale Improves, The Beatings Will Continue, which I think is a great title.

Maxine Dangerous said...

That band name is really familiar and I'm not sure why. I'll check them out. :) A friend of mine who *LOVES* S O'C recommended The Lion and the Cobra, Universal Mother, and IDNWWIHG. I read your blog yesterday and wrote down a bunch of bands to check out, including Morcheeba, Moby, Seal, and Jeff Buckley. I know a little work by the first three and nothing by Buckley, but people keep recommending him to me. Thanks! :)

TK said...

Murder By Death might be familiar because it's also an old Neil Simon movie - and a damn funny one at that.

Jeff Buckley is great, but makes me sad because he drowned in the Mississippi about 10 years ago.

My all-time favorite Sinead song is "This Is The Last Day of Our Acquaintance". I'll stop now because I have a tendency to blather on endlessly about this stuff.