January 19, 2007

Goals 2007 update

Buy or make or have someone make me some curtains.

Hung colorful scarves I already owned in kitchen. Problem solved. For free. I rule.

~ Resume reading my work in public.

Did so last Saturday (sooner than expected!) and I'm doing it again tomorrow. And then at least once a month until the end of time as I’m resuming co-hosting duties of a monthly poetry reading series at the local homo bookstore.

IN PROGRESS:

~ Work on eliminating student loan debt.

$allie Mae has received your payment. Thank you.

~ Spend more time with quality friends.

Went to dinner with Brent at Gridlock Clusterfuck House of Fish recently. Dining with Brent & Co. at Outback tonight. GooooooooooooooOOOO social outing!

~ Clean out trunk of car.

Putting something in my trunk (hee!) is actually an option now. The light in the trunk comes on when I open the trunk lid now! Okay, it came on before, but now I can SEE it.

~ Take cats to vet like responsible pet owner.

I have looked up phone numbers and locations and talked to friends about taking cats to vet vs. groomer. George has a, um … poopie clump that she will not let me remove and it’s grossing me out. Plus, George and Gizmo should probably have their hearts listened to and their temperatures taken uh oh more butt trauma, George since they haven't had it done since I whisked them away for The Spayage.

~ Try not to obsess about when my Real Life is going to begin.

So far, so good. I’m being very Zen about life. I take what works, I leave the rest. Breathe in, breathe out, everything happens for a reason. Ahhhh, peace.

~ Build work wardrobe.

Score. Bought shirts. Tried to buy pants as well, but that was a horrible catalog vs. reality grudge match in which the catalog CLEARLY won. Still, I managed to wear three new shirts to work this week. Wednesday: grape jelly shirt. Thursday: ocean shirt. Friday: papr!ka shirt.

~ Make more art.

I have chosen some of my artwork for cover of my first spoken-word CD. I am amazing and I rule. And so is Brent Fantastic who I have conned into is designing the cover for me.

~ Get massages and facials and pedicures on a more frequent basis.

Hot stone massage tomorrow! Jesus GOD it’s expensive, but it’s niiiiiiiice. Well. Okay. It’s niiice. I think I want to find a different masseuse. This one I’ve been to twice now … I don’t know that I’m really connecting with her and I think that’s important when someone is, oh, I don’t know, touching you all over your person. My last massage was called a Thai massage and the masseuse basically did yoga TO me. Thai massage shall henceforth be called “And your foot is WHERE?” It was nice enough, but I’m not a skinny yoga type like you see on the cover of Yoga Journal, so my body doesn’t exactly yoga like other bodies and it seemed like that frustrated the masseuse a bit. Sorry, sweetie, but I DON’T BEND THAT WAY. Anyway, I set up this massage before 2006 ended and I want to go ahead and get it. Because you don’t get this close to a massage, regardless of it falling short of wowohmygoddessthrilling, and cancel. The body doesn’t like it.

~ Believe in self a bit more.

Ongoing. ‘Nuff said.

~ Try some new stuff and not just new foods

So far, I’ve only tried new food, like the sushi nightmare that is The Alaskan (blech) and peanut butter samich on toasted bread (yum), but the intention is still present.

~ Try being a little less scared to just write or just draw or just express self … try not to puke when remembering cheesy-but-true adage to dance like no one is watching, etc.

I have been drawing on my computer (not ON my computer...) and having a pretty good time with it. Also, I put together a third chapbook of poetry and breathed throughout the process of laying it out. I'm pretty happy with the work. And I reminded myself to walk away from the crazy when I felt that anal retentive perfectionist urge start to creep in. The margins must be EXACTLY .00000018” or the world will impllllllllllode! yeah, not so much

~ Visit Mack Daddy Smooth

I have made a plan to visit the desert this fall. Well. A city in the desert. I'm not just going to, like, walk up to a cactus and strike up a conversation. I told MDS to meet me there. (In the city.) He doesn’t want to commit this early (why not? it's only nine months away, loser!), but I think he’ll end up hanging out with me and drinking a lot of beer. Because -- what? -- I rule. That's right.

STUFF I LOOK FORWARD TO ACCOMPLISHING THIS YEAR

~ Work on eliminating credit card debt.

~ Buy a big girl bed.

~ Exercise more often.

~ Buy a squishy reading chair + ottoman.

~ Buy some lamps and/or get stronger glasses.

~ Have more of The Sex

~ Open a savings account and put some money in it.

~ Go on some trips.

~ Go dancing.

~ Buy some bedroom furniture.

~ Buy some rugs

~ Read more books.

~ Watch some old movies I’ve never seen like Casablanca and Some Like It Hot.

2 comments:

The Lettershaper said...

Very much enjoyed the time I spent reading and looking around your site...as a poet, an avid reader, and hard to please dyke, I found it a most rewarding look. Thank you...

Butta C.U.P. said...

Another queer (blogger) writer. Stopped by and loved your blog. It's nice to have fresh and fun voices out there. Good luck!