August 18, 2006
I'm suspicious. Has the sun turned to blood?
I replaced the charger for my cell phone. As the phone is still under warranty, the normally-$30 charger ($30?!?) was free. The clerk handed me the charger and was like, "Bye." I distinctly felt as though I was stealing as I left the store, but no one tackled and handcuffed me (darn it!), so I guess the charger was indeed free. -Ish. The phone is now happily charging (after hitting an all-time low of 14% power -- yikes!). Occasionally, I pet the phone and make comforting "It'll be okay" cooing noises. I don't have a baby. Leave me alone.
My lunch from Baco Tell was actually tasty.
This day (a Friday, no less) has gone remarkably fast.
Gas dropped to $2.83/gallon. I actually murmured the words, "Gas is cheap!" Last time I filled up, I think it was $3.13/gallon. Something crazy like that anyway.
Despite the fact that I had to stroll all the way to the R's in Blockbuster, I found, in less than 15 minutes, movies to rent: "Rent," which I never saw onstage; "RV" (I'm a sucker for Robin Williams); and something called "The Squid and the Whale." The latter stars Laura Linney and Jeff Daniels and I like both of them. Here's hoping (all together now) that it d.o.e.s.n.'.t.s.u.c.k.
Optimisticawarily yours,
Max
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment