August 1, 2006

Food, drink, entertainment. And Spain.

If you’re ever tempted to rent the movie Next Stop: Wonderland, don’t. Just don’t. Despite the fact that Phillip Seymour Hoffman is in it, it still sucks ass. I only made it through half an hour before I wanted to plunge a fork into my eyeballs and hurl them across the room. And the pre-Oscar-winning Hoffman is only in the movie a little bit (at least in the first 30 minutes). Maybe it gets remarkably better in the last hour, but somehow I don’t think so. If you’re looking for some vintage Hoffman (which I wasn’t, but anyway), rent Scent of a Woman or The Talented Mr. Ripley. The movie should have been called Next Stop: Suckville.

I have come to terms with the fact that the Chinese food place that delivers to my house sucks. Really, really sucks. I ordered some kind of shrimp thing last night that was supposed to have caramelized walnuts on top. Okay, look, my head hurt a lot yesterday. I obviously make some bad choices when in pain. Said shrimp arrived with some nuts sprinkled on top and a container of mystery fluid that looked like the love child of soy, barbecue, and Tabasco sauce. It was all very, very wrong and most of it is now in the trash. The crab rangoons were good, though. But from now on, I’m ordering takeout from the Chinese place near work. The woman behind the counter often wears a shirt proclaiming that she is a “Party Girl,” but I won’t hold that against her.

I drank a gallon of Gatorade in the past 24 hours. Just in case you were taking a poll.

I need to start packing for my trip. I went through some CDs last night in anticipation of selecting The Perfect Music for a Road Trip, but didn’t do anything else important, e.g., laundry. The tunes, people. It’s only about the tunes.

I decided that when I journey to Spain, I want to fly first class. And then I looked up ticket prices and saw that first-class tickets cost upwards of $7,000. My dad suggested buying a couple of seats in coach and stretching out. I think that's a darn fine plan that comes with a savings of about $5,000. Rock on.

No comments: