May 30, 2006

Memorial Day weekend

Friday was goooooooooooood. Many beers led to much hilarity with Serena. We talked, laughed, drank, ate dinner, laughed some more, and cussed out our rude waitress when she was out of earshot. We also drunk dialed many people in my phone book, including The Date. Serena randomly selected people and left a message in which she sang part of Donna Summer's "Love to Love You, Baby” and then hung up without identifying herself.

Saturday

Hung out with Serena and a bunch of lezbins I didn’t know, but liked upon meeting. (Well, most of them.) Had a nice time relaxing in the shade, drinking beers, and chatting. Wish we hadn’t left the party at midnight when things wrapped up for the evening. Would’ve liked to have gone to bed instead of driving 45 minutes back to Serena’s house, but it was nice to sleep in the A.C. instead of bedding down in a strange place or sleeping in my car (so tired was I that it was looking like a pretty tasty option).

Sunday

Hung out with Serena. Got home around 4 PM. Napped and thought about doing all sorts of productive things. It's the thought that counts.

Monday

Spent day on couch like slug. Thought again about doing all sorts of productive things, but didn’t, especially because the noon news said it was 90 degrees outside. Napped, hung out with cats, cooked self dinner, watched Dr. Phil. For one of the first times, actually spent time reflecting on troops overseas fighting senseless war and felt extreme sadness about all the lives that have been lost. Began to look very forward to coming back to work. Couldn’t handle being unemployed and staying home all the time. That kind of depression doesn’t just maim; it kills.

Tuesday

Showered, sitting upright, getting some work done. Happy to be out of the house. Can really only stand one day in solitude. Allowed myself a lazy day because I’ve spent my last few weekends running hard and I deserved the break. Would’ve been nice to clean up my kitchen or pack some more while spending that lazy day at home, but I still have a month to get all those things done as I begin to move to My New Domicile. Apartment complex people are conducting inspections this week to check on smoke alarms and furnace filters. I was nice and scooped the poop so they wouldn't be assaulted by cat unpleasantries upon entering my apartment. They will see, however, Monday's Slovenly Fallout, but I can deal with that. Slob-ossity, yes. Poo, no.

I’m looking forward to going camping with Serena and some other folks this coming weekend. Summertime is upon us; I have a brand-new camp chair in which to perch, queen-like (said chair got many oohs and aahs from the lezbins on Saturday); and it’s time to have some outdoors fun.

No comments: