May 8, 2006

La Weekend

I had a really nice and intense weekend from which I am physically, mentally, and emotionally drained ... and yet I have enough energy to blog. Hmmm.

Friday: My date cancelled, so I headed out of town to Serena's house. There was drinking and merriment and a nice phone call with The Date about rescheduling for Saturday. I sat on the front porch and talked for awhile and then talked to Serena until I was sober enough to drive home. Since I don't drink habitually, I forget how easily I get drunk if I have a couple beers. I jammed to music to and from S's house, almost stopped for coffee at a 24-hour Starbucks on the way home but decided against the Latte at Midnight plan, and got home and into bed around 1:00 AM.

Saturday: Ran tons of errands, including selling my too-small and twice-used tent to a friend. We both camp in the summertime and she's moved up from a pup tent to my larger-but-still-only-5'-tall tent. Now I need to get a new, at-least-6'-tall tent so that I will be comfortable at the Michigan Womyn's Music Festival this August.

I also bought new earrings and shoes for My Rescheduled Date, stopped at Baco Tell, and tried to get my car detailed. Unfortunately, the wait was about an hour long and I was crunched for time, so I opted for the exterior-only car wash that made my car look shiny new again. I'm always thrilled to go through car washes with the big cloth washer strip thingies (yes, that's their official, technical name) flopping and flumping against my car. The child that lurks just below the surface of my adultness digs the car wash.

I wanted to go shopping for shoes and pretty earrings with Serena, but she lives an hour away from me and was prepping her daughter for the prom, so I went alone. Plus, I didn't really have the money to do serious shopping. Other than that, it was a perfect plan.

My Date went really well. It included food, beer, good conversation, and knee touching. *swoon* I'm not going into more specifics here because I'm a lady.

Sunday: A blur of incense-and-candle burning (thank you Nag Champa and Crate and Barrel products, respectively, for the gifts of your presence in my apartment), apartment cleaning, and hanging out with some friends-of-a-friend for a surprise birthday party. There was cake, there was chain smoking (them, not me), and there was a fun game of Scattergories. All in all, a good time. I got home prior to sunset, lit some candles, and tried to watch more of Capote, but it didn't hold my attention. I have almost an hour of movie left to watch and I'm not sure I'll be able to make it through. I think I would've punched Truman Capote had he been in my circle of friends.

I did lots of organizing in the bathroom (cleaning products all go here, bottles of nail polish -- separated by brand, of course -- go here, etc.), dancing in the living room (before realizing there was a guy fishing in the complex's lake, which is right outside my window, and he probably saw me), and talking on the phone to people via voice and text message until way past my bedtime. I also watched Grey's Anatomy, which I love because it's a good show and which I hate because when the credits roll, it's bedtime. Poo.

No comments: