February 20, 2014

Gratitude (All is well)

Post originally scheduled for November 27

I am grateful for so much.

I have a family I love.

I have friends who are smart, good, kind, and funny.

I have my writing and my art.

I have a new mattress, courtesy of King V and Queen S, which has made sleeping a joy again. I'd been sleeping on a bed that was almost 12 years old and had springs poking through its cover. I no longer wake up sore or have to dodge pokey things when I go to bed. (That's what she said -- hey o!)

I am grateful the mini-flood that happened in my folks' basement while they were out of town was contained by a floor drain and a fast-acting plumber. And me not losing my shit.

I'm grateful the plumber hit on me before he left because it made me feel pretty.

I am grateful my old car continues to run.

I am grateful, amazed, and thankful to King V, the Goddess, and the Universe that money shows up right when I need it most.

I am grateful for the years I was able to draw unemployment assistance. (I would be super mega squee-worthy bouncy happy happy joy chocolate joy surprise bunnies! grateful if that assistance would start up again. Bills don't stop and I'll be damned if I can't find my seeds to grow a money tree.)

I am grateful I no longer work in a terrible environment and that I feel a deep, calm happy most days, even if my serenity borders on boredom and coma. (I have plenty to do around the house. I just don't want to and there's no one to hold me accountable, so....)

I am grateful the one-year anniversary of leaving said bad job found me giddy instead of depressed.

I am extremely grateful depression hasn't reared its ugly head recently and that I haven't been spending my days feeling sad and trapped.

I am grateful Netflix exists and releases entire seasons of House of Cards all at once, even if I binged on season two in about a day-and-a-half and probably now have to wait a year for season three.

I am grateful the front porch hipsters are gone as often as they are and that I have earplugs for when they are home.

I am grateful I've cleared four hurdles in pursuit of a job with a organization that helps people. I will be especially grateful if they stick to their promise and contact me tomorrow about an in-person interview. I will be squishy pink unicorn biscuits and gravy grateful if they offer me the job. (Especially if that happens soon.)

I am grateful for Spotify.

I am grateful no one just saw me lip synching to an Aretha song.

I am grateful ice cream exists, even if I don't have any.

I am grateful a delivery driver from a local restaurant and, later, a blog reader inquired about my well-being after I hadn't been around in a while. It's nice to know people care, even if you don't really know them.

1 comment: