November 1, 2013

Refresher course

To recap my last post:

No word from the marketing firm about my interview or the freelance project they had me work on. Rather surprised and a bit peeved that I heard nothing by the end of today -- not even a conciliatory "We got your email" kind of reply -- so we'll see what news Monday brings.

The Hoopty is only semi-functional. The car guys couldn't find anything wrong with it, besides the godawful noise it's making. They were able to drive it and recommended I fix the flex pipe. So I drove it to my parents' house, worked a few hours for King V, left to go home, and made it to the dollar store about two miles away where it decided to not start when I emerged with my sack o' purchases. AAA rescued me about an hour later. The tow truck guy said he could stop by the next day and look at the car, but didn't return either of my calls the next two days. Either he got really busy really suddenly or I didn't understand that 'popping the hood' was a double entendre. Regardless, El Hoopterino is barely functional and I need to un-ostrich my head and get it taken care of. Otherwise, I'll continue to be relegated to bumming rides or *shudder* buying a bus pass.

* * * * * * * * * *

Later tonight (i.e., after beer, after dinner, after squirreling away some Halloween candy), I'll be publishing a post as part of a month-long writing initiative started by my friend Phoenix. Instead of trying to write a novel during November, we'll be writing on a different topic each day. Today's topic is travel. Stay tuned!

No comments: