November 20, 2013
Life lesson
I think it's appropriate that the topic on my 40th birthday is life lesson. Best lesson I probably ever learned? Don't settle. Don't settle for a shirt you ordered that doesn't quite fit, a sandwich at a restaurant that includes something you specifically said no to, or a relationship that isn't working for you. I've done all those things and more -- wore the shirt I was uncomfortable in, repeatedly taken the onions off a sandwich, and dated a woman whose claim to fame was keeping a jar of pickle juice in my fridge and her Law and Order DVDs strewn about my living room. I may have to try on a thousand shirts, switch restaurants, and be single for longer than I'd prefer, but I'm living life on my terms and taking the little steps that add up into one, big happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment