April 5, 2011

Social media addict says what?

Or This is how I unintentionally end up going to bed at 5:00 a.m. or Squirrel frenzy in my brain

10:35 p.m.
Express a heartfelt desire to go to bed. Continue playing online.


11:24 p.m.
A fleeting thought, like a tickle of the mind. Bed?, as though it's the title of an existentialist play where an insomniac waxes philosophical about duvets while a woman beats him with a pillow.

11:59 p.m.
Big yawn. Glances at clock but doesn't think bed. Thinks Facebooktwitteryoutubetumblrgasm.

12:08 a.m.
Oh hey, I need to write that cover letter for that one job.

12:09 a.m.
Crap.

12:48 a.m.
*sobbing*

1:26 a.m.
Cover letter and resume sent!

1:26:04 a.m.
omgithinkihadatypo

1:26:05-1:26:59 a.m.
Email won't open. Nonononono!

1:27 a.m.
Whew.

1:29 a.m.
Pats self on back for writing dandy cover letter that includes some personality (believe it or not, this is a new venture and a bit of a risk -- there's creative and then there's flip -- but it feels like an okay leap. Spelled my name right. They should hire me.

1:29:07 a.m.
I hope they don’t write me tomorrow and say they’ve already stopped accepting applications.

1:29:30 a.m.
Hmm.

1:29:35 a.m.
Facebooktwitteryoutubetumblrgasm

1:58 a.m.
Ooh, I should blog about not sleeping. That would be hilarious!

1:59 a.m.
Did I just see a leprechaun?

2:04 a.m.
Realizes I've been staring off into space.

2:06 a.m.
Type type type zip What was that? Oh yeah. I'm definitely hallucinating. Type type type my mind is playing tricks on me lalallaalalalla.

2:36 a.m.
-publish- Finally! I can go to bed.

2:36:02 a.m.
Facebooktwitteryoutubetumblrgasm

No comments: