March 4, 2011

I really should change the name of this blog to Random Gravy

I like being told which earholes my headphones go in.

I’ve been thinking a lot about getting my nipples re-pierced, which means I have reached a Charlie Sheen level of batshit crazy. I thought for years about getting it done and finally jumped in the deep end of the pool. It hurt A LOT (duuuuuh) but the results were nice. The biggest problems were (1) I'm not sure the piercings entirely healed during the year I had them and (2) I rarely sleep in clothes and waking up with a top sheet between oneself and a small metal bar is almost more painful than the piercing itself. Ergo, I must be out of my damn mind... but I keep thinking about it...

My iPhone, which I received as a gift just over two years ago, has decided that it's going to ring true (no pun intended) to its apparent 24-month shelf life. This, ladies and gentlemen, is what I like to call "while my iPhone gently breaks." It doesn't break all at once or consistently. A couple weeks ago, it accessed my deleted contacts and added them to my phone list. I fixed that problem and then the phone started showing the wrong images with the songs on my iPod. For example, I was listening to Justin Bieber (shut up; "Baby" is really catchy!) but according to the picture, I was rocking out to Alannah Myles. All of the phone's errors are minor and oddly temporary/easily fixed, but still annoying. It's very #firstworldproblems. Let's move on, shall we?

I want to learn more about coffee and wine. Not at the same time. That might be weird.

Some words I like: Quest, toque, curmudgeon, market

My 2011 resolution was to take some acting/improv/voice/dance classes. Now that we're officially 1/3 of our way into the year, I might want to hop into action.

I've been watching Nip/Tuck on Netflix for more days than I can remember. I'm up to the sixth and final season and have another seven hours before I need to find another obsession.

I saw Serena at the gay film fest I went to about a month ago. She twice ignored me and my friend and I decided to do something about it. Half expecting her to lose her shit and cause a scene, I tapped her on the shoulder anyway. Somehow automatically, we shook hands hello and then awkwardly laughed and haltingly hugged. We chatted for a few minutes -- work, school, pets -- and then I went back to my seat. When I got home, I unblocked her on Facebook even though we can really never be friends again. I haven't talked to her since.

In a couple hours, I'm going to an art show that includes work, oddly enough, by King V and a female friend I used to be desperately in love with. I'm going to support King V, of course, but I'm also going so I can see Her. We were in The Wheel together and lost touch after the group splintered. I had to stop contacting her, even occasionally, because loving her hurt too much. I'm a masochist, but I still have limits. Luckily, I am dressing in my sauciest, going out to dinner with friends after the show, and then meeting up with some coworkers at a club after that, so even if the show sucks and my heart breaks from seeing Her, I'll have an outlet for my frustration. That is, I'll be kneeling at the altar of Damn I Look Good with a side of Greek Food and Many Beers. Ma-ny.

2 comments:

Grant said...

Everything you write is so funny and honest, keep it up :D

Maxine Dangerous said...

Aw, thanks, Grant! :)