- American Sign Language
- Voice
- Acting and/or improv
- Movement
Reasoning (should explanation be necessary):
- I've long wanted to learn ASL -- learning how to say "slutty lesbian biker bitch" at a Denny's when I was 19 hasn't come in handy nearly as often as one might think.
- I love to sing. I want to do it better.
- I think working on my timing and delivery and whatever else acting and/or improv would teach would be invaluable, both for helping me feel more comfortable in my skin and for my presence on stage when I read/perform my writing.
- I heard about movement classes during some sitcom a few days ago and thought it would be fun, basically for the reasons listed directly above. More comfort, control, appearance. I'm interested in writing a one-woman show and don't want to be a big bundle of awkward on stage. I've also taken a few authentic movement workshops and really liked them. I can only imagine movement classes would be something like that.
I'm consciously working on ridding myself of some old energy, something that I've willingly held onto for years even though it's made me feel guilty and sad and a number of other negative emotions. It's time to put it down, even though it was once good, and embrace the positive. And with that, I shall burst into a berjillion shiny little stars of light, happiness, and kittens as angels sing hallelujah behind me. Huzzah!
3 comments:
Hey- I figured out how to comment! I was wondering for a minute there.
Your class plan sounds like a great idea! When you take ASL, take it with a friend so you can gossip about people with someone. ;) Helps to keep your vocabulary up that way.
Kicking old, outdated energy out- I like it! :) So long as the kittens sing and don't burst into a bajillion little shards. Even shards of happiness. :)
the only words i know in ASL are "thank you" and "pussy". someone told me this past august that that's all i NEED to know. *grin*
Kerry: Gossip! YES! :)
Luck: OMG, I love that! :D
Post a Comment