One of the funniest posts I've ever read, via Hyperbole and a Half.
What I'm up to:
Going to water aerobics like a demon. In the past two weeks, I've gone eight times. Motherfucking EIGHT. I need to relax because the physical fallout of going to class four times last week and then walking around Target for two hours on Friday night while grocery shopping and drooling on things I want but cannot afford was brutal. I was so tired on Saturday night that I was getting angry. I was up early-ish on Sunday but went back to bed and didn't emerge again until 1:30 p.m. It put a crimp in my 'get shit done early' plans but it was worth it. When I woke up, I no longer felt like I wanted to kill someone. I may have actually smiled.
Working at Vox two days a week. Last week, I turned in a time card for 19.5 hours, which is the most I've worked in one week in a long time. I don't want to think about it too much because it will make me sad. It was a good week with all the working and exercising. Clearly I think I'm Brooke Shields or something. No, I don't really know what that means. I was just thinking about her because I saw her in a toothpaste commercial and she seems like someone whose day planner is full of speaking engagements and private sessions with her pilates instructor.
So! Working and exercising. Ignoring my household duties. Making time to be creative, like I did last night when I started literally flinging watercolors at a large canvas. It was fun, especially when I let the watercolors drip down to make pretty streaks. Now I need to mop the floor, but I needed to do that anyway. Let's all hope for a burst of Real Adultism so that I can unearth the futon, take out the trash, and maybe get crazy and do some freakin' laundry. If only I can get my ass out of the POOL.
No comments:
Post a Comment