I'm headed to St. Louis tomorrow to visit with my friends Sasha and Nicole. The great news is that we're all jumping on a Big Gay Greyhound at 5:00 a.m. on Friday morning and going to Iowa so that they can get legally married. I'm getting pretty stoked. I'm partially packed, the house is a smidge cleaner, and the best part is that I am likely going to write a story about the experience for Vox. I don't have the job yet -- not officially, anyway -- but as I prepared to leave after my interview last week, they mentioned their growing focus on social justice issues and I told them about this trip. They said, "That's a cover story," and said for me to think about a 3,000-4,000-word article with photos.
COVER. STORY. I told King V and Queen S that I could die happy now because those would be my final words.
So I've got King V's camera (and every accoutrement he could find, including extra batteries and portable chargers), plenty of pens, a notebook, my fedora, and a press pass, and I'm ready to start taking notes. Now, however, I need to go the fuck to bed so I can get up, finish packing, and then hit the road.
I'll be back late on Sunday with plenty of stories to share, I'm sure. You can have whatever's left after I squeeze 3,500 words out of the trip.
Happy weekend, all, and be gay! Literally, figuratively, or both. It's up to you.
1 comment:
Hey, while you're in St. Louis, try to get the 411 on their crazy state sovereignty stuff. Too hilarious!
http://angryblackbitch.blogspot.com/2010/03/rallyfication.html
Post a Comment