January 4, 2010

WWMLBAD?

Over the weekend, I got a small package of photos from Serena, the now-ex-friend who up and stopped talking to me last May. Long story short for those who might not remember or might be new to this site (Hi!): Serena used to be my best friend, although labeling people as such has always ended up biting me in the ass. She lives about an hour outside of River City and excelled at canceling plans we'd made at the eleventh hour, so much so that I could make simultaneous plans with someone else, knowing it wouldn't be a problem. Our friendship had been tanking for the last several years and the ending really was a blessing (See also: Didn't like her anymore; didn't know how to say it). What bothers me to this day is that one day she was talking to me and the next she wasn't. It would've been nice if The End could've at least been celebrated with a parade or something. But no, no explanation. Just... *poof*. Maybe I just want to know what I did (?) so that I can use the tactic against future human irritants.

Fast forward seven-ish months: Serena sent the aforementioned photos to my parents' home with a note addressed to King V, claiming she did not know my address. I call bullshit because (a) she helped me move into my current apartment and (b) I live about a block away from her lifelong best friend. The same one who likes to put Serena down to make himself feel better. However, I digress.

This is no huge dilemma by any means, but I'm wondering what to do. I threw away the envelope with her return address (see also: Dignify with a Response, I Shall Not) and even tossed the photos. None were important -- mostly pictures of me sitting somewhere, like Pride or Michfest, and making a face at the camera. I have composed a hundred different mental letters in which I ask Serena what the hell her problem is or where I threaten her with legal action if she contacts my family again (that one is especially drama-infused and it makes me giddy -- GIDDY!). For the most part, I just want to let it alone and keep my karma in check. You know, instead of driving to her house and smearing her front door in poop. If you know Scorpios and their fondness for revenge fantasies, then you will also know how tame that fantasy is and how giddy -- GIDDY! -- I've been while imagining... well, all kinds of things. I'm not putting them in writing; I go to jail for NO VUN.

So... what would my loyal blogging audience (all three of you!) do?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Boring as it is, I would do nothing. She may be waiting for a response, and her not getting one might just make the point you're looking for.

Steph Mineart said...

Yeah, I agree with the "do nothing" idea. The best way to deal with the sort of passive-aggressive behavior she's using is nothing, because it was intended to provoke you. Not being provoked is the best response of all.