One of my favorite things about our president (squee!) is that you can see just how much he loves Michelle. I'm all full of squiggly goodness when I see pictures of them. It's a vast understatement to say I'm glad he-who-shall-not-be-named-in-this-space is out of the White House and we finally have a leader whom we can respect and listen to without cringing. Here's to America regaining a nice reputation (and getting out of its financial shithole and...) and for my future travels overseas where being American won't automatically get me killed. Sneered at, I can take. Killed, not so much. Here's President and First Lady Obama's first dance at the inaugural ball, accompanied by Beyonce (meh) singing Etta James' At Last (I'll forgive Ms. Fierce because I love this song and she does a pretty good job with it):
In other news, I'm searching for a job. About ten minutes ago, King V told me, for easily -- EASILY -- the eighth time that I need to be looking for a new gig since he doesn't know where things are going financially. Despite the fact that I told him LAST TIME that I was treating February 28 as my last day and was looking for a job, he keeps, I don't know... smooshing the fear of being unemployed into every one of my crevices. Should I be crying at my desk? Looking visibly panicked? I've been told by several people that the way I feel about a person is painted across my face despite efforts to remain neutral in the presence of a total douche, so I don't know why His Highness isn't picking up on the fact that he needs to cram a cork in his piehole.
I'm not blogging much lately, obviously, and might get back to more regular postings sometime soon, but it's not at the top of my list of priorities, which are, in order, (1) drink one Diet Coke every day to avoid a massive caffeine withdrawal headache and (2) find gainful employment. There's other stuff too, but those are the important ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment