I leave for Michfest the day after tomorrow (SQUEE!) and have been busier than hell this week with cleaning my apartment, packing, and preparing for the arrival of three festie friends who are staying with me prior to our departure. The first festie friend, Phoenix, arrives tonight and I'm stoked. She's been a bit glum and I've been trying to cheer her up via text joking (okay, and threatening). Tonight we're going shopping for saucy nothings to wear at Fest, bug balm (works far better than anything containing Deet, which just turns me into a bug appetizer as far as I can tell, and smells 100% better), and biodegradable soap (I'm looking at you, Trader Joe's). Then we return to my house where I will do about six loads of laundry, and finish cleaning the kitchen, probably while making Phoenix listen to a Backstreet Boys mix CD I love. I know.
I'd like to also mention that I have reached the point of hysterical exhaustion. I slept like crap night before last and this morning, I went to bed at 2, got up at 5 (couldn't stay asleep), came to work a little after 8, and now it's 10:04. I feel jittery and seriously like I could burst out laughing any second. Unfortunately, it would be a maniacal kind of laughing that would likely make people nervous. The good news is that I'm still able to laugh normally as I proved a minute ago when I saw this:
See also: Shit, Lost My. It's haaaaard to pretend one is working when one can't stop giggling. Public relations: Not. That. Funny.
Hopefully I'll post tomorrow, but if I don't, see you when I return to civilization on Wednesday,
August 13!
2 comments:
Lower photo caption: New pledges at Wymynist House prepare to board the shuttle during the Port Chester University orientation.
(Olive shirt w/do rag? Reeeaaalllly? Ok, let the hatin' begin...) ;-)
Oh Harley, you have NO idea... ;)
I really want to see PCU now. You suck! ;)
Post a Comment