May 7, 2008

Poo for sleep, puppies, popped collars, payment plans, and pudding

I've been sleeping like poop again lately, which makes paying attention to detail and, oh, staying awake during conversations with my coworkers extremely difficult. A friend and former coworker had a rough day on Monday and summed up the feeling perfectly:

Yesterday was one of those days where I wish I’d been using those Japanese detoxifying foot pads. You know, one of those days where you feel like you were pooped out, then stepped on, and then you spent the rest of the day in the cracks on the bottom of somebody’s work boot, just to get scraped out with a stick or pocket knife later.

I spent the day being interrupted when I spoke to King V and by 6:00 PM, I was ready to stab him through the forehead with a pair of scissors, only I lacked the strength to do so. Okay, okay, it wasn't an issue of strength. I don't want to kill my father. Minor point.

* * * * * * * * * *

Last night I stopped at the library and picked up a bunch of books I had on hold. Somehow I almost always forget that the library has DVDs people can check out. I wandered over to the shelves, as I've basically exhausted the 20 or so DVDs I own, and borrowed So I Married An Axe Murderer and Three Men and a Baby. It seemed like the former was on cable every weekend, but I never managed to see it from the beginning. I only watched about half of it last night because my post-Baby cleaning, organizing, and spontaneous dancing-while-sweeping lasted until after 11:00 PM. I enjoyed what I saw, even if there's something about Nancy Travis that gets on my last nerve.

Seeing Three Men and a Baby again was great. Movies from the '80s are so cute! Ted Danson had a pompadour, I heard songs by Miami Sound Machine that I haven't heard in years, and all the actors looked like they were about 12. I was torn between reliving the glory of '80s fashion and squashing the urge to procreate IMMEDIATELY.

* * * * * * * * * *

I went to the dentist this morning to pick up the splint I'll wear at night to prevent me from clenching my teeth. Payment of said splint was rejected by the insurance company, so I now owe the dentist $823. At the end of my appointment, the receptionist asked what kind of payment I wanted to make today and I said, "Uh, none." We just looked at each other for a second before I explained that the words "payment plan" would be in my future. I plan to appeal the insurance company's decision. The worst they can do is say no. Again.

* * * * * * * * * *

You know what's fun? Eating chocolate pudding with your finger. Only two Weight Watchers' points and no spoon to wash. Win. Win.

No comments: