February 7, 2008

The one where I surprise myself by talking about politics

First it was religion. Now politics. Either I'm growing up or slowly being consumed from the inside out by a pod person. Soon I shall begin shopping at J.C. Penney and wearing that goopy gel deodorant that makes my arms stick to my sides. Um. Never mind.

Here, watch this video:



I actually found myself wanting the people in this video to stop singing so I could understand better what Obama was saying, which is impressive considering that I generally can't stand listening to ANY politician talk. Dubya's reign of terror and abject stupiditude has not helped my inability to sit still during anything politically related, including State of the Union addresses, although I later curse myself for not being as informed as I should be.

Anyway, I thought this video was pretty cool. I took a quiz this morning about where I stood on the issues. Not surprisingly, I lean towards voting for Obama and was farthest away from agreeing with Huckabee. I know, I know, you can stop holding your breath now. Something about Hillary rubs me the wrong way. It's not a race thing or a man vs. woman thing. It's just a Hillary thing. And supporting Obama has NOTHING to do with Oprah because I can't stand that beeotch.

In other news:

Last night's shitty mood was alleviated by consuming a pint of Ben and Jerry's Double Fudge Brownie, several hours of Monk episodes on DVD, and several simultaneous hours of painting (which was interrupted as the evening wore on by Gizmo-holding, but that was nice too). I enjoyed it so much I'm doing it all again tonight. Hopefully I won't leave work under such a dark cloud. I'm just trying to breathe through being overwhelmed (SO MANY EMAILS) and projects to sort out and flavored-coffee-making tools to ignore. I find it helps that I keep humming Corinne Bailey Rae's Put Your Records On, which states, in part:

Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,
Just go ahead, let your hair down.

You're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow.

No comments: