December 10, 2007

Update schmupdate

I had a nice weekend. I was up early on Saturday and did some work around my apartment. My goal is to have the place nice and clean by the end of the year so that I can start 2008 in a, well, nice and clean space. Just seems like a good idea. Plus, constantly moving stuff around and bagging up trash scares the crap out of Gizmo and George, whom I think are convinced I'm moving every time I decide a bookshelf looks better over there ... or maybe in this corner ... or ... hmm ... maybe in that closet... it's not my goal to scare the cats. It just happens.

I'm officially back on my mattress on the floor and have been for the past couple weeks. I finally had to give up on The Futon of Death which makes a good couch but a bad bed. Now my bed is soft soft soft and I have a couch again. Should you drop by, I can now offer you a place to sit other than my bedroom. But if you want to see my etchings, just ask, sugar.

I went out on Saturday to buy some Chrismakwanzaakuh Yulexmastice gifts and got a couple things, including some photo albums for Mack Daddy Smooth. The crowds, my indecision about what gifts to buy and where to go, my need to tinkle, and the cost of the headlight that MDS wants for his bike ($200??) drove me back to my parents' house (read: Where the Internet Is Stored). Plus, I wanted to take a nap, which I unfortunately didn't accomplish until Sunday afternoon. I hopped online and ordered some tintypes for King V and gifts for folks in the office, including


cuff links made from old typewriter keys



and a gorgeous scarf from Japan.

These earrings will probably go to Queen S:



I also got a couple things for Serena before abandoning the Internet in favor of spending the afternoon in a drowsy state in a recliner. I cooked again on Saturday night, pasta + salmon becoming one of my favorite meals. Sometimes I eat the little round salmon bones and sometimes I like to play with them and pop them because they're squishy and I, uh, need better hobbies.

I crashed early on Saturday night because I ran out of salmon bones to pop didn't get a nap and was awake shortly after 8 AM on Sunday. Aside from watching a Monk marathon and ordering pizza, I didn't do much yesterday. I was kind of out of money after Saturday's online blitzkrieg anyway.

That brings us to today. I'm thinking about splashing into the pool tonight and Wednesday for water aerobics. Pretty standard stuff in La Vie de Maxine Dangerous. Also, I'm a space alien. Okay, just kidding.

No comments: