Popping in quickly to say hidey ho (see above) and to play high and low, an idea I've
As of 10:45 AM this morning:
Low: Logging on to my bank account this morning to see if my deposit had been credited, only to find out it was credited too late and eight charges bounced. EIGHT. AT THIRTY-FOUR DOLLARS EACH. Don't do the math. It'll make you nauseated. [insert fancy footwork to pay rent and get through next two weeks]
I am surprisingly calm about all of this. I don't know why. Maybe I'm tired of freaking out about money and bills and crap that I obviously cannot control. I know what it's like to fight with my bank. I can hear my mother's voice in my head saying, "This too shall pass." It sucks ass -- BIG, STINKY, PSYCHOPATHIC GORILLA ASS -- but far worse things could be happening to me. I'm not going to list any examples because I don't want any of them to come true. Given how I feel about my family and friends, you can guess what I'm thinking.
Also low but kind of a high ... sorta: Coming to the realization that Effexor is apparently not working for me anymore. I'm paying $50/month to be depressed when I can accomplish that for FREE. Hello, doctor? Yeah, I'll be ceasing to take these or any other antidepressants for a while. Like forever.
HIGH: King V giving me seven bars of Pacific Force Coast (rahr!! I want to cut down trees and sacrifice bunnies with my savage beastliness! grrrr!!!), whose smell rocketed me back to a happy, happy place in my childhood.
ALSO HIGH: Seeing the bamboo plant that King V gave me thrive. Brent gave me several bamboo stalks for my birthday a few years ago and they lasted for a long, long time, but eventually, began to die off. The last one bit it a month or so ago, so King V gave me one of his bamboos. I'm using the plant as a bellwether for the future.
5 comments:
Did we have the same mom with the "this too shall pass" roteness? Or maybe your mom said it with love while mine usually said it half annoyed at having to deal with me.
menstrual blood + water? My eyebrows are up to my hairline imagining how you go about collection...
Cloth pads. Soak before washing. Ta da. :)
Re TTSP: My mom always annoyed me when I was a teenager, so I figured she was calmly saying "this too shall pass" just to get under my skin. Years later, I find myself thinking it and saying it. Damn it if she wasn't right.
OMG, your mom says "This too shall pass" too? I always thought mine said it to avoid having to try to make me feel better.
Post a Comment