September 23, 2007

Because I'm not ready to give up on the weekend just yet

I've had a lovely weekend. I cleaned up my living room and now I'm gazing upon its glory from my desk. I also cleaned out two Rubbermaid tubs of stuff I'd accumulated and ended up with two clean tubs, one of which is now 7/8 full of recycling. Some words? JESUS GOD I DRINK A LOT OF DIET COKE. I have a basket of stuff to sort through before I move on to working on other tasks, including resuming control of The Laundry Pile That Ate Cleveland.

I ordered some earrings from Etsy:

So pretty...

and received a cloth grocery bag


that I am anxious to use. I bought it because (a) it only cost $21 (b) it looks cool (c) I'm hoping having cool bags will make me want to go to the grocery more often and (d) I won't have to bring home eighty bajillion brown plastic bags anymore. Homemade stuff is cool and most of the time sellers' prices are good. Some are ridiculous, but that's to be expected. I plan to make some things and sell them on Etsy. It helps that I found my fabric paint today. Puffy paint sweatshirts, here I come! Kidding.

Fun, random fact: I have a bottle of brake fluid on my left and a Sex and the City DVD on my right. Kinda speaks volumes about where I fit on the butch/femme continuum, if you ask me.

I applied for a job on Friday with the public television station. Please to cross all applicable appendages. And, uh, say your prayers and tip your wait staff. Thanks! I've been great!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool bag. I must make one! They are so much more classy than my tank top bags and my old towel bags.

Maxine Dangerous said...

I'm with you, Rachel. If I wasn't scared of sewing machines, I'd be on homemade bags and skirts like white on rice. Cliche, but true. ;)

Tank top bags?? Aroo? :)

david hayes said...

Working for public television? You'd be living my dream. No joke.