May 24, 2007

13 Things I Love (or at least have some serious affection for)


1. Filling out those basically useless and generally really long surveys on MySpace that ask if I’m still in high school (no) and who my favorite teacher is (uh … Mr. Belding?) but also ask fun things I like to answer with both true and sarcastic answers like my relationship status (single and sorta looking but oh.my.god.get.OFF.me I want to sleep !alone! (pets don’t count)) and what color my toothbrush is (clear and aqua). Hee. Aqua is a funny word. And clear isn't a color. But annnnnnnnyway...
2. Taking a long, hot shower and washing my hair and exfoliating and having a good eye rub in while still standing in the stall all nekkid and clean and warm and then having a Q-tip eargasm while sitting in my towel on the couch and then rubbing scented baby oil all over my person and then putting on pretty, matching underthings to go hang out with friends.
3. When my cell phone rings and it’s someone I really want to talk to and then laughing and laughing and laughing and talking for upwards of an hour.
4. Sitting in a restaurant or a car long after everyone around us has left the restaurant or exited the parking lot and talking for four or more hours without intending to or realizing it and not wanting to get out of the car or change positions too dramatically because that will break the energy ‘bubble’ in the car and someone will realize/accept you’ve been sitting in the car or restaurant for four hours and it’s time to go home because the employees want to clock out or you’re being monitored by a rent-a-cop with nothing better to do.
5. Wearing long skirts and sandals with pretty freshly-pedicured feet and feeling the light fabric brush around my ankles which makes me feel relaxed and sensual and sexy
6. Driving really fast and listening to a CD very loudly and singing, singing, singing
7. Making and eating microwave S’mores
8. Doing pretty much anything creative, but especially painting with acrylics on canvas or 11’ x 14” paper or playing with pottery (molding clay, glazing greenware, etc.) or making cards (by hand or in Publisher) … making something I know someone is really going to love makes me really happy, as does art that seems to draw itself (or write itself when considering poem and other writing)
9. Looking through catalogs from Crate & Barrel or Restoration hardware (etc., etc.) and mentally spending $6K in Crate & Barrel in under 15 minutes and imagining what my dream home would look like filled with the things I want to buy
10. Preparing for and leaving on road trips … packing clothes, choosing music for the road, anticipating fun quotes from the trip, etc.
11. Staying in hotels even though they’ve been proven by several different investigative reports to be really skanky
12. Kitty love, especially when George stretches out to seemingly three feet in length and then relaxes in her dead insect pose and purrs and looks content while I rub her tummy and when Gizmo climbs up next to me and bonks me on the chin until I open my mouth and she smells my breath (no clue what that’s about) and then licks her chops, satisfied, and then curls up in a ball in the space between my chin and collarbone and goes to sleep.
13. Getting my hair washed at a salon and the wonderful smells of unfamiliar shampoo and deep conditioner and the scalp massage I get from unfamiliar hands washing my hair and the hair stylist repeatedly runs the nozzle across the back of my head to rinse out the soap and conditioner and lets the warm water oosh out all around my head and ears … huuuhhhh so good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are wonderful things and this is a great post. I'm in great need of positive energy these days, so thanks for sharing some. :)

The Rock Chick said...

Wow. Those are all really great things! I love pedicures, too!!! The place that I go to does the most awesome designs on your big toes...they use paints, rhinestones, you name it!! they are like artists...always amazes me! and it's such a fun pick me up!

Great list! Happy TT
Jessica The Rock Chick