January 10, 2007

The inevitable first-of-2007 crappy drink order from Starbucks


It sounded good.

It did!

Maybe I was hallucinating.

Cinnamon dolce something something latte.

IT SOUNDED GOOD!

But it is not.

I'm not sure I've actually consumed any coffee today, what with all the cinnamon and sweetness and powdery goodness and do-you-want-whipped-cream (no) floofiness about this super sweet drink.

It's gross.

And yet I keep taking sips from it.

And then wincing.

From the sweetness.

And the lukewarm evil that actually tasted decent when the "coffee" was still hot.

Or maybe I just wasn't awake yet.

This mistake amounts to a four-plus dollar cup of melted down marshmallow creme topped with the sweetness of a basket of kittens, some pink hair bows for baby girls who have one lowly hair sprig that their mothers insist on spiking straight up and slapping that bow on because she's a girl damn it stop calling her a boy, and some confectioner's sugar.

At least I'm trying new things. I need to move out of the realm of only trying new stuff in the food and drink arena, but hey, it's only the 10th of the new year. I should lighten up. And stop trusting my barely-awake brain to make decisions for me.

This is the last I will speak of the Cup of Awful Sugary Blech.

This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

4 comments:

TK said...

While we share the same ideas on many things, alas, Starbucks is not one of them. I was born a Dunkin' Donuts guy, I was raised as one, and God dammit, I will die one.

Plus, I refuse to utter the word "venti".

I hope this will not tear us asunder.

Maxine Dangerous said...

I regret to inform you that our friendship is now over.

Kidding. :)

I don't think I've ever had coffee from DD. The only reason I go to Starbucks with such regularity is because I pass one on the way to work. That is, of course, not a very good excuse. Starbucks locations are so ubiquitous that I might as well say "squirrels are my favorite animal because I see some on my way to work."

Rhea said...

My roommate works at Starbucks and says she actually likes that drink. She recommends asking for just 2 pumps of the syrup for the grande size.
Rhea
The Boomer Chronicles

Maxine Dangerous said...

Thanks, Rhea! I'll give that a try. It was a decent drink until, apparently, the glump of syrup settled on the bottom of the cup. :)