My interview is in 71 minutes.
I have done my research.
I have prepared a few questions.
I am drinking water and, oh yes, doing vocal warm-up exercises so that I don't sound awful on the phone.
I didn't consume any milk products because they make you all phlegm-y.
I am genuinely interested in the position, which is more than I can say for jobs that I have applied for and -- shock -- not gotten in the past.
My enthusiasm is hovering between High School Cheerleader On A Slightly Off Day and Airline Stewardess Who Is Boarding Her Final Flight Before Going On a Well-Deserved Vacation. (Translation: I am just perky enough to be illuminating but not nauseating on the phone.)
67 minutes.
Update: Interview went well. We talked for about half an hour and I beamed with a lemony-yellow sunshine-y brightness when the interviewer told me that my resume was one of the first she picked out of the pile she received. I asked some meaningful questions and didn't burp or cough or clear my throat during the interview and only heard myself say "um" a couple times. I believe I demonstrated my clear interest in and So Totally The Best Choice EVAH-ness for the job. I should hear something regarding a second interview next week. I am preparing my handwritten thank-you note practically as I type. The best part of the interview was when my cell phone cut the interviewer off near the end of our talk and she had to call me back. Damn technology. (Yes, I apologized with my best and thoroughly-sincere I'm-so-sorry-I-just-ran-over-your-dog voice.)
King V just handed me the latest Levenger catalog. Sounds like quittin' time to me!
2 comments:
Best of luck! I'm cheering for you!
Sanka. :)
Post a Comment