September 22, 2006

Miscellany + Big 10 Friday

I’m going to do this later today and so should you. It totally works.
I approached Brent about fathering my children being my roommate in the future without really thinking about what that would do to our friendship:


(a) I’m not a slob, but I do clean up verrrrrry slowwwwly.

(b) I have cats, whose shedding and poo have invaded my life. I don’t know how people have children. The payoff must come from knowing that kids don't shed (much) and will eventually be potty-trained and learn how to speak and will be able to go out and buy their own damn food.

(c) I like to be pants-free at home and I couldn’t do that in front of Brent. Well, I could, but I wouldn’t. We aren’t Will and Grace, after all, and my mind simply screams, “That’s a whole lotta thigh, chickie.”

(d) I like to be the sole possessor of the remote control. Yes, I failed Sharing in kindergarten.

(e) I don’t want to adhere to a chore schedule.

(f) We both want to live alone. (Maybe I should've started with this one.)

I think I’m just really hungry for company. Changing my food and exercise patterns is really hard work and it’s tough feeling like I don’t really have anyone to talk to. I feel like I can only bug Serena so much and therapy is a couple weeks away. Not that I want to drain the life force from Brent with all my NEEDINESS but … well, maybe I do. And next on “Emotional Vampires…”


* * * * * * * * * *

Big 10 Friday: Ten items near me

1. Breast cancer postage stamps

2. Blistex Medicated Berry chapstick, which is the best chapstick on Earth next to Blistex Herbal Elements, which I can no longer find anywhere in River City
3. A mug from the New York Public Library with a bunch of highlighters in it
4. A can of Diet Coke
5. An empty yogurt cup
6. A red pen
7. An edited article
8. A mug with my company’s logo on it and a small Lisa Simpson doll sticking out of it
9. My charging (but not in a “Toro!” way) cell phone
10. My college diploma

1 comment:

A Lover and a Fighter said...

I think we still have Blistex Herbal Elements 'round these parts. Would you like me to mail you some if I can find it?