August 21, 2006

Got the hookup

I still can't find my cell phone. What kills me is that I spent most of my life without a cell phone and now that I have one, I feel like I've lost a limb when I can't find it.

I had a nice, relaxing weekend. Watched "RV" (hilarious), "Rent" (loved it), "Transamerica" (very good but a bit anticlimatic perhaps?) and "Yours, Mine, and Ours" (predictably cheesy). Chatted with cable installation guy on Saturday as he quite literally hooked me up with digital cable and a cable modem. Oh my. I'm never going to be the same again. I'd forgotten how much I missed shows like Monk and Law and Order: Pick Your Spin-Off. Cable guy saw my "How to Be A Fabulous Feminist" poster and commented on my "alternative lifestyle." He lucked out with me. As far as wacky comments from strangers go, I'm pretty easy-going. Another lesbian might have ripped him to shreds. After he finished installing their cable TV. Ahem.

Still sleeping like crap due to weird-ass dreams. Time to resume drinking before bedtime, methinks. Kidding! Seriously though -- must get a good night's sleep soon. Have been doing the Zombie Walk for days and it's getting harder and harder to even pretend I want to be at work instead of face-down on my couchon.

Requested Arts Administration program brochure today from my alma mater. Deadline isn't until February 2007, which means I have plenty of time to procrastinate study for and take the GRE. I hope this is the 'thing' that sticks. I've poured a lot of passion into past decisions, like wanting to move to Chicago, and never let anything come of those decisions. I think I'm in a holding pattern of some sort, a "life burp," if you will, in which I spend a couple years getting my Master's before I head off to A Brand New Big-Ass City and start My New Life. Or start a new chapter in My Current Life. I guess that's more accurate.

No comments: