July 19, 2006

Seven pops of random

1. I hope Brian tells Justin he loves him during Season 5 of Queer as Folk. He actually has to say it, not just imply it with his smoky gaze and deep kisses.

2. Despite getting the better part of 10.5 hours of sleep last night, I am still experiencing those deep, cavernous yawns that make me wish I had a flip-top head so I could open my mouth wider.

3. I'm not on a diet, but I started keeping track of what I eat via an online food diary at The Daily Plate. It tracks calories and lists lots of options from fast food restaurants. It's always interesting to see what I've eaten laid out in a daily grid, for lack of a better word. I need to be more mindful of what I've been eating. My recent bout with low activity combined with being a fast food junkie is making me feel like Jabba the Hut. Time to turn things around. Now.

4. I rented and tried to watch Something's Gotta Give with Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton. One word: snooze. I made it about halfway through and then gave up. It was sloooooow. And besides: old people sex? Yech.

5. If I'm really diligent, I can make it to water aerobics upwards of seven times before I leave for my camping trip, which involves a great deal of walking. I've gotta get active again. I don't want to become one of those fat people who has to be moved with a crane. I'll take my 15 minutes of fame in a far less humiliating way, thanks.

6. Gotta do laundry but I'm scared to go in the basement at my new place. What if I see a spider? Can I hurl a Downy ball at it and run screaming in the other direction? I'm not arachnophobic; spiders are just really gross. I think I'd rather see a Republican hanging out in my basement. I'm not sure how much damage I could inflict on the latter with a Downy ball, but it would be fun to try.

7. I don't know what to do about my grand idea to move to Chicago. The planets have shifted or my hormones have surged in a different direction or the earth is rotating around the sun, i.e., I don't know if I want to move now. I'm about five percent famous in my city because of my writing, which is awesome, and I don't know that I want to move somewhere else and start over. Despite having work experience in P.R., I don't really know how to sell myself. When it comes to meeting new people, I revert to Shy Girl I Was In High School and I clam up big time. Pretty hard to stride into a bookstore or other a gathering of authors and introduce myself with confidence and a winning smile when all I want to do is die because I feel too tall or too fat or too gay to interest people in my work. There's other reasons I'm hesitating, including the fear of increased cost of living. Last week, strolling through a huge city and riding the subway and walking to work with my Starbucks latte in one hand and a fancy dancy attache case over my left shoulder sounded really great. This week, it's making me feel agoraphobic and all I want to do is go home, curl up on the futon, and never leave my house. I'll make a decision one of these days. I think.

No comments: