I just called a local cable company to find out how much broadband costs. Average price seems to be in the mid-$40s per month. No biggie -- I've had dial-up for years and it's time I joined the 21st century -- but the installation charge is $45 alone. This for a technician to plug in a few things and make sure I'm connected to the Internet? I'm not SuperTechGrrl, but Christ, that seems a bit excessive. Since I'm not sure if I'm moving when my lease is up in May, and since I'm balking at the high cost, and since I've lived without high-speed Internet for the entirety of my relationship with said Internet, I'm going to wait. Maybe I'll find a cable modem coupon or something. Or start dating a womon who works for the cable company.
Random facts:
1. I've had six Pop Tarts today and two bottles of apple juice.
2. Earlier, a spider rapelled from the ceiling and almost went directly into my water bottle.
3. I think I'm just an eensy weensy bit insane, but I can't get anyone to believe me.
4. I got a rejection notice from a literary magazine a few minutes ago for three poems I submitted. It's okay. I know that rejection is part of the whole writing shebang, but it still sucks.
5. It bothers the shit out of me that I don't know what I'm going to be when I grow up.
6. I stopped wearing heels to work and started wearing open-toed Birkenstocks because the heels made my knees hurt. King V has yet to notice or say anything and I have an excuse at the ready should he ask why I'm in "non-regulation footwear."
7. I'm supposed to go to a women's retreat this weekend that I'm sure will be wonderful, but part of me just wants to stay at home and clean up my apartment and run errands. That said, those were my intentions last weekend and I never got around to doing them, so maybe I should just go to the retreat.
8. I often want to throw out most of my possessions and live even more simply than I already do. I would keep my bed (obviously) and my art supplies and my computer, but I'm not sure what else I'd hold onto other than those things.
9. I want to go camping.
10. Sometimes depression snakes around me and I'm trapped before I even realize it. I'm pulled beneath the surface of the water and my surroundings are cloudy, blue, and green. It's pretty and it's peaceful and my hair floats lazily around my head and shoulders in a trance-like dance. I know I need to keep my head above water to survive, but if I just close my eyes and take in a mouthful of water...
1 comment:
Beautiful new template. :) And, that's not the same as "nice font."
I whole-heartedly agree with you on getting rid of shit. Although, since my TV may be going out, I may not have much of a choice in the matter.
Post a Comment