I was out the door by 7:30 in my big, black snow boots that were totally unnecessary for the drizzly weather we're having. It's okay. I figured it was too cold to wear my sandals, which I did all last week. I tried to make spring come quicker by wearing my jeans jacket. Didn't work -- in fact, I apparently made it snow! Spring will be here soon enough. I just have to be patient.
Speaking of being patient, why don't I ever give myself a break? I think I've blogged about this before. On the way to work, I imagined what I would say to a friend who called and said, "I'm such a loser. I meant to make it to the store and Target and clean up this weekend, and all I did was sleep and watch movies." I knew instantly that I wouldn't call that friend a loser. I would make comforting noises about her busy schedule or how she obviously needed the sleep. So if I'm willing and able to do that for someone else, why don't I do it for myself? Feel free to chime in on comments about that one. Simple answers like "because you're your own worst enemy" come to mind.
I stopped at Starbucks on the way to work and got some breakfast. I avoided the iced lemon loaf (droooooool) and got a lowfat blueberry muffin, lowfat yogurt, and a skinny vanilla latte. I started to buy a bagel, but it just looked unappealing, so I opted for a few more calories and got the muffin. I dropped it in my bag on the way into work and when I took it out, well, it was squished. Thoroughly edible, but still squished. Darn tasty with the yogurt too. Glad I ate breakfast. Better than sitting at work pretending I'm doing just fine with water and coffee to hold me over until lunch. I am aiming to make this a no-fast-food day. I'm not going to be able to get in my clothes if I keep eating fries so often.
Plans for the day:
- Get some work done. Might not sound like a big task, but considering the distractions posed by instant messenger, the Internet, this blog, and some other blogs I read, it'll take a little concentration to keep my nose buckled down to the grindstone. Or something like that.
- Skip fast food for lunch. Subway or sushi + salad will suffice.
- Go to the store? I'm questioning that task because I want to go to Target, but there isn't one close to my work. There USED to be, but alas, no longer. Going to Target means taking a chunk of my lunch break just to get to the store, not to mention time spent floating around all the aisles and oohing and aahing at stuff I don't really need, like scented candles and particle board furniture. I should skip Target. Saying I'll just dash into Target is like saying I'll just have one ounce of chocolate, or that I'll only nap for 20 minutes. Sounds great in theory, but my bullshit detector starts going woopwoopwoop instantly.
- Watch "Medium" after I get home if I'm not too tired. Detangle hair. 10-minute clean-up living room. Sleep and dream of dancing ice cream sundaes.
No comments:
Post a Comment