February 27, 2006

Advice garnered from instant coffee

I need some more sleep.

Actually, I need better sleep.

I was restless all night. I'm not sure how many times I woke up and changed positions, but it was a lot. One of my cats slept on me for most of the night, as far as I can tell. It was pretty cold in my apartment, despite having the heat on. Apartment insulation sucks ass.

It didn't help that my downstairs neighbors pulled the stereo trick again. This time, it wasn't a blast of music but they still turned on their stereo, complete with thumping bass, sometime between 11 PM and 6 AM. I didn't look at the clock because I didn't want to know what time it was. I know that I'm moving in May, but I don't know where. The only thing that will keep me in my current apartment is if The Buttheads get evicted. This will be the fourth complaint I've made against them in two months. How much paper does the rental office need to create a trail that gets The Inconsiderate Residents evicted?

And in other news...

The coffee stain inside my empty coffee mug looks a bit like mountains. It's not a solid, light brown line circling the cup. It's a wavy, ridged sort of line that pops up in places and drops in others. If the lines were sharper, it would look like the blips on a heart monitor. Is my coffee telling me to move out west and be near mountains again? Or is my empty mug simply telling me that I need to go get more coffee? I know my stomach is telling me to go eat breakfast, so I'll do that and post more later. I have a good weekend to talk about, after all.

2 comments:

RetroChrome said...

Relating on your "apt. insulation sucks." Have I told you about the sniffer? If not, see my blog.

Is instant coffee good?

I REALLY like the title of your blog.

Maxine Dangerous said...

Instant coffee also sucks ass. It was surprisingly good the first time I tried it, and now it's just the stuff I occasionally drink at the office because we're out of the regular stuff. My boss has these weird freakouts about his employees wasting coffee; we'll make a full pot and then drink three cups. I can see where he's coming from to a point, but the entire can costs, on average, $5. Here's a $20 -- get to the store, beeotch.